These DIY baking soda and essential oil air fresheners are an easy way to freshen the air without using a spray. Baking soda absorbs odors while the essential oils give off a pleasant scent.
You can use any essential oils you like. I used a combination of lemon, tea tree, and eucalyptus essential oils for a deodorizing effect.
Deodorizing Essential Oil Blend
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- 16 drops lemon essential oil
- 12 drops eucalyptus essential oil
For this recipe, you will need a 4 oz. mason jar and mason jar inserts. I found these decorative galvanized metal inserts on Amazon.
- 4 oz. mason jar
- mason jar inserts
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- essential oils
- Measure 1/2 cup baking soda into a bowl.
- Add 30 – 40 drops of your choice of essential oils.
- Mix well.
- 4. Scoop the baking soda mixture into the mason jar.
- 5. Place the lid back on the jar with the insert. You’re done!
2 thoughts on “DIY baking soda air fresheners with essential oils”
These would be perfect in a closet!
These work great almost anywhere.